2008-09-13

Still no Internet

The saga continues.... where did I leave off?

Before I left for the conference I sent 1&1 a letter telling they had better have my Internet restored by (last) Thursday, or I would do dire things. They responded with - "Gee, guess what, your Interent will be back next Tuesday." Sigh. So I decided to wait, I was away at a conference, anyway.

Thursday I got an E-Mail "Welcome as a new customer for 1&1 complete!". This is what I tried to order after the Telekom cut off my telephone, but which the support people said was killed by my DSL being turned off. It was gone, they said, numerous times. I checked again just the other day: yes, your contract is without telephone and ends on March 31, 2009.

Now I have a new "complete" package. Wanna bet that from Tuesday I have *two* contracts running with 1&1?

Anyway, the neighbors are on holiday, so I'm watering plants in exchange for sucking their flat rate. Yeah. Except I want my TV and fridge over here, too.

1 comment:

warth Publishing Inc said...

I don't have any beef with 1and1's web hosting. However, I curse the day I ever listed any domains with them. Check out Red Flag for some customer comments.

If you refuse to pay for domains you did not want, they lock your account but keep sending you renewal messages. How can a person decline a renewal without access to their account?
Now because I won't pay for domains I don't want renewed, they have sicced a collection company,NCO,on me.