Wading through the grading for the first exercise in Programming 1, I have some suggestions for my froshers:
- Putting your name on your report will help get you the credit for your work. Adding the name of the class and the date are also good ideas.
- Using a spelling checker is a very good idea. You can check the spelling of names with the Wikipedia.
- Proofreading what you submit might be helpful.
- Bullet lists do not count as complete sentences.
- Constantly referring to the teacher by name does not get you extra points.
- Yes, a screen shot or two is nice. No, a report that consists only of screen shots is not okay.