2009-05-09

Moving Stuff Around

Now that WiseKid has moved out and I have convinced him to repaint the room, it is fit for habitation. We are now in the process of rearranging the furniture in order to have some use of the room besides a guest room.

The first order of business was to get the big, horrible Schrank out of my office and back to that room - it had been WiseKid's when he was a little boy and got stuck in my office on a room switch on account of being so big and klunky.

I bribed WiseKid with the prospect of a meal and use of the washing machine to come help me move the thing, which weighs a ton. We couldn't get it out the door in one piece, so it had to be dismantled, schlepped over piece by piece, and then reassembled. It took a while, but it worked.

While emptying it WiseKid commented exasperatedly on all the crap of his I have in there: his whirly-bird beanie; the lamp he made for one Martinsfest; some of the costumes I made for him for Fasching throughout the years (I threw out the Darth Vadar mask); his cone from the first day of school; the only wool cap he ever wore (with Bayern München on it). I also found lots of my gloves and scarves that somehow got themselves kicked out of the official winter gear area.

We have all sorts of balls: handballs, of course, but a volleyball, 2 basketballs, a soccer ball, a softball, and an assortment of other littlish balls. No one plays with them, besides the handballs. We out to give them to someone.

Now I have to decide what to do with that delicious space on the wall. Odds are 99 out of 100 that more shelving for books is going up....

No comments: