2007-01-11

Capability Immaturity Model

I was reading through the text for lab next week during this week's lab in software engineering. We'll be doing a Design Pattern Exercise from Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Patterns". I followed a link he gave on the Capability Immaturity Model and landed on a Wiki.

It is sooooo funny, I laughed until I was doubled over and had tears running down my cheeks. My students looked up at me every now and then, but they think I'm crazy anyway, so they didn't say anything.

I investigated around the site and discovered, this is *the* original Wiki, implemented by Ward Cunningham! There is so much funny stuff here, especially about Extreme Programming, which he apparently also practically invented (but didn't mean it that way). This is a must read for all software people!

No comments: