We managed to see Inglorious Basterds tonight. Wikipedia corrects the spelling, which is ridiculous.
Don't want to give it away, so here are a few bullet points:
- There is far too much unnecessary blood and brutality.
- The film must be seen in the original in order to savor the language mix. And trying to dub Brad Pitt while preserving the character would seem to me to be an exercise in futility.
- There is so much suspense built in, it hurts some times.
- Crazy Americans writing for the Wikipedia seem to think this is in some way non-fictional.
- There is a typo on the last word shown in the credits: uinintentional.
- The camera work is great.
- I really liked the French actress playing the movie theater owner.
- It is a must-see film. You can close your eyes for the horrible bits, they are announced, so to say.