On Fire

I just heard a commotion in the kitchen and went to check up on WiseKid and his Girlfriend, who are cooking a late night snack. They had a pot of noodles on a high boil on the gas stove and she reached over to grab the frying pan to put the onions in.

She was wearing a flowing jacket that got too close to the flame - and suddenly she was on fire. WiseKid dropped whatever it was he had in his hand and tried to put out the flames, finally grabbing the flowing bit and cupping it in his hand. The flame extinguished.

He's trying to brush off being a hero, I made him use an ice bag ("Mommy's hot, use a cold compress!"). The floor is now covered with singed bits of jacket and her white T-shirt is now smoky dirty. That we can sort out - I hope that they have now learned to be careful when cooking and to dress for the kitchen when cooking.

No comments: